Friday, March 28, 2014

Family Time...

is a fun and humorous way of looking at life, mostly through the lens of a young married man with children just trying to make ends meet and some sense of this crazy thing called life.  Its purpose is to offer wholesome entertaining comics for the entire family to enjoy. 

The comics’ creator, Justin Baglio, was raised in Concord, North Carolina, always the kid in the back of his class doodling and drawing on any paper he could get his hands on. He loved comic books and remembers countless hours sprawled on the living room floor in his childhood home reading them.

Mr. Baglio claims he had no ambitions of being a cartoonist himself or even showing off what he thought were just restless doodles. Being a modest individual, it wouldn’t be until 2008 that he would even show some to co-workers. By 2012, Baglio’s cartoons were featured in three local newspapers as part of his “No Ordinary Life” strip. And the rest, as they say, is history.

It was Justin’s wife, Amber, who suggested I “like” his Facebook page. After seeing just a few of his comics I was hooked. I knew I wanted to publish a collection. I called Justin that same day and got things rolling. And now I am thrilled to be able to share his comics with you!

Justin and Amber have been married for 13 years and have three wonderful children: Savannah, 12, Jackson, 9 and Charleston, 7. All provide Mr. Baglio a wealth of material and well-spring of inspiration for his comics. 

I think most of us can relate to most of the comics we picked out to include in this collection. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


-Stephen Raburn, Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment